Monday, October 25, 2010


 The Flat Side of the Knife


Black clouds in my coffee
And I like to think I am a new car smell-
I am your father’s mistress
Your mother’s envy
Your brother’s dead dog.
 
You?
You are a Greek clown
Riding a Vespa in Sicily
Your body is Mozzarella-
People cut you…
Gzzing!
I am the flat side of the knife,
I am-
Shinny and reflective-
look at your face- it is on me.
And upon your child’s first birthday party
I am the colorful icing
Smeared on your infants mouth.
Violent- colorful,
a darling snap shot.
I am not a tacky tattoo.
I am the sound of a new text.
My smell
You can find in your lover’s armpit- before or after sex.
My mind,
An exposed sex tape streamed live for your fame.
 I am not enough evidence and you still prevail.
I am-
A dark mole you never had-
The failed relationship you still get horny for-
A credit card commercial that inspires you-
I am the dare you failed to do in your youth,
The awkward moment you have framed and hung in your mind.
I am the old toothbrush you can not throw out.
I am unforeseen love-
I am the protector of your mozzarella body.
Yet, in the fashion of skanky American reality shows,
I hear people say…
“I am not here to make friends”
“I am here to win”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment