Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And I guess somethings just can not be said. 
And maybe moments are lost within the 'encoding'
of emails, phones and texts- leaving the decoder
with a handful of electronics- broken grammar- and 
a couple rare fine lines. 

'what did I want to tell him?' I ask myself every time 
we hang up.

'what did I want to say?' is the eternal longing of a boy in love.
What did I want to say? That you are the genius. 
That you are the one with words. That this anniversary doesn't 
mark a date- rather it dances to the music of a story. 
 That lately I have been running to teach myself something;
what that something is- I do not know. That in my attempting 
to be pure I worry I am doing it out of guilt. Guilt for what?- I'm not sure- or maybe I do not want to admit it. 


I wonder 'what does he want to tell me?'
I wonder about how much effort it takes.

I think of lighter things- I wonder if one can eat too many blue berries?
I wonder why the waves are bigger in the ocean this year- in comparison 
to any other year. 
I wonder why people let me bite them. I wonder why people don't bite back.
I think of Paris- then spend the same amount of energy trying to submerge 
it back into the magical abyss it manifested from. I take cautions in submerging
memories- I try my best to conserve the magic. Protect the magic for my next adventure. 
reminding myself that magic is work too, after all it is a magician's trick. 

You say "the child is born- the next chapters are the education"
The smart things you say- feel like your fingers running through my hair. 

I wonder what he has to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment