Monday, November 8, 2010






At my father’s house I cannot sleep.
I avoid becoming full.
I eat frozen blue berries with honey.
I study French.
I ride my bike to the beach.
I fold Japanese Kimonos at a textile museum.
I visit the town’s coffee shop daily.
I look at my stomach in the mirror.
I make friends with the prettiest palm tress.
I don’t drink.
I try to scare myself.
I talk to my mentor she tells the Mexican President came to her Party
She had two body guards  and a Spanish translating make-up artist.
I talk to myself
About my husband-
About  dirty subways
I talk to myself about
Succeeding and Failing
I conclude failing is not an option
I can always move onto a boat
And have friends over.
I’ll roast baby potatoes- rosemary.
Typical beautiful things like that.
So bring on cold weather
Bring on the apocalypse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment